What features should the Best vacuum for pet hair include ?
If you own a pet, then you can perfectly understand the love people have for them. They are loyal friends, they always show love and compassion, and they never hold a grudge. If all people were as good as dogs, the world we live in would be an entirely different place. But until then, we are happy to have pets at least.
However, a dog or a cat is not just a furry friend that is always there for you. They also represent a responsibility, just like a child. You have to feed them, provide medical care when necessary, and last, but not least, clean up after them. The latter is the most frequent, and trust me; it is not so easy. There is fur everywhere. On the furniture, on your clothes, on the rugs, and in any other place, you can think of. I can relate to that. My dog leaves hair everywhere, and it is annoying at times. That is why I wanted to talk to you about an item that changed the way I look at pet hair. It is a vacuum for pet hair that will make your life and house fur-free.
Why not a regular vacuum cleaner?
No matter how efficient is your current vacuum cleaner, it will never be able to remove pet hair as a device that was specially designed for that. It’s like trying to wash clothes in the dishwasher. The most prominent difference between vacuum for pet hair and a regular one lies with the brush.
When you clean your carpets, for example, with a regular vacuum cleaner, the brush will not reach the depth of the fibers to remove everything that is tangled in there. But, as you may well be aware of, pet hair penetrates the carpet in a different way than dirt does. A regular brush will only push the hair further into the fibers.
A vacuum for pet hair, on the other hand, uses a unique brush made of silicone that, instead of pushing the hair more into the carpet, brings it to the surface, where it will be sucked into the vacuum. Special attachments are also available, according to the type of carpet you have.
Another reason why you should go for a vacuum cleaner for pet hair is that they tend to have a stronger suction. Manufacturers are aware how difficult it is to remove pet hair from all kinds of fiber, carpet or upholstery, which is why they designed vacuums that have powerful suction and enhanced infiltration.
If I were you, which I was at some point, I would go for one of those. I did, and it was the best decision I ever made. Before purchasing a vacuum for pet hair, I was always struggling to remove my dog’s hair from the couch and carpets. It would eventually come off, but I had to spend a lot of time to be thorough. I wasted enough time on that, and I made my purchase in anger. As it turned out, it wasn’t a bad decision after all. Why struggle when you have an easy solution? Why spend hours on end to remove pet hair, when you can simply use the vacuum as if nothing is too hard to come off?
What to consider when looking for the best vacuum for pet hair
Although there are many models available on the market, purchasing a vacuum for pet hair should not be made without careful consideration. I say that because many aspects make this item the best vacuum for pet hair. Buying the first one you see it’s not the best idea. So here is what you need to consider.
- Consider the surface you need to vacuum. If you live in a big house, then you should consider buying an upright model. The dirt container is large enough to gather the hair from the entire house, and the cleaning won’t last as much as with a small design. However, if you live in a small apartment, then a handheld model should be enough. You don’t have to waste valuable storage space a big vacuum because these models usually can be hanged on a wall, so the required storage space is minimal.
- Keep in mind that a house a has multiple surface areas that need to be cleaned. The upholstery, the carpets, the curtains, and the floors require different suction techniques. If your entire house is carpeted, then you shouldn’t have a tough time finding the ideal vacuum, but if you have multiple kinds of surface, then you need one that will handle all of them. It’s not difficult, you just need to search carefully.
- What is your preference? An upright vacuum, handheld, or canister? Each of these designs come with their advantages and disadvantages, but ultimately, it is you who has to decide. It depends on what you feel comfortable with.
- Bagged or bagless? The most popular vacuum is the bagless one. I prefer that one too. Bags are difficult to clean; if you don’t wash them regularly the vacuum will release a bad smell, and not to mention the dust. When I had to get rid of all that dust, I thought I was going crazy. It never really went away. But the bagless design has a plastic container that is easy to empty and wash. Of course, you need to clean the filter now and then, but it beats handling the bag.
- Cord or cordless? If you live in a big house, then I wouldn’t recommend the cordless vacuum for pet hair. The battery will not last enough time for you to finish cleaning the whole house. But it’s ok if you have a small apartment.
- Accessories should not be overlooked. Preferably, you should go for as many accessories as possible. The house is full of crevices and other spaces or surfaces that need special attention. Look for a vacuum that comes with a crevice tool, upholstery head, power brush, extension tool, dusting tool, or whatever else you can find. They can’t hurt.
I can honestly say that I value a high-quality vacuum for pet hair. I can get the fur out of my house, and out of my car, of course. It comes in handy when you don’t have a lot of time on your hands, and your house will look as if there weren’t any pets around. You get to enjoy the presence of your beloved furry friend without dealing with all that hair all over the place.